Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
Ready In: about 25 to
Makes about 6 to 8 servings
2 cups of coarsely chopped
cooked turkey meat
salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bag large-size white, yellow, or blue tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 jar prepared salsa (16 ounce)
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
sour cream (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425
2. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin and
3. Mixed in turkey and season
with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. On a large 12 to 14 inch round or oval baking dish, make a
layer of tortilla chips to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Evenly spoon the refried beans
over chips. Top with turkey and sprinkle with 1 cup shredded
Monterey Jack cheese.
6. Make another layer of tortilla chips. Spoon half the salsa
evenly over chips. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
7. Bake until heated through
and cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Serve hot with remaining salsa,
and sour cream.