Top Round Roast
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours and
Ready In: about 2 Hours
and 35 Minutes
Makes 8 servings
4 lb. top round roast
2 tsp. cracked black pepper
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. in a small bowl, combine the the seasonings ingredients and
then rub the mixture evenly into surface of top round roast.
3. Place top round roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting
pan. Do not add water or cover roast.
4. Cook in in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours or until the internal
temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare or 155°F for
5. Remove top round roast from oven and tent loosely with aluminum
6. Let stand 15 minutes prior to carving into slices.