Baked Ham With Honey-Dijon
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Ready in: about 1 Hour and 55 Minutes
Makes about 8 servings
8 lb. fully-cooked, bone in ham
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place the ham in large shallow
roasting pan. Bake until meat thermometer inserted in thickest
part registers 125 degrees F., about 1 1/4 hours.
3. Remove the ham from oven,
trim off rind, leaving very thin layer all around.
4. Score the ham by cutting diamond
shapes 1/4-inch deep into ham.
5. Combine the honey, mustard
and cloves in a small bowl. Spoon honey mixture over ham, and
into diamond cuts.
6. Continue baking for an additional
30 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
7. Remove from the oven and let
the ham rest in roasting pan on a rack for at least 10 minutes,
or up to 30 minutes.
8. Serve with additional warm
glaze, if desired.