CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: about 3 Hours
and 10 Minutes
Ready In: about 3 Hours
and 20 Minutes
Makes about 6 to 8 servings
3 lb. gray corned beef
2 cups water
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Place gray corned beef brisket and water in Dutch oven. Bring
just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and cook in oven
for 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile, 20 minutes before
brisket is done, steam cabbage 15 to 20 minutes or until tender;
4. Remove brisket from water;
trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is
3 to 4 inches from heat.
5. Combine honey and 1 tablespoon
mustard. Brush top of brisket with 1/2 of glaze; broil 3 minutes.
Brush with remaining glaze; broil 2 minutes or until glazed.
6. Combine butter, 1 tablespoon
mustard and dill; then spread on hot cabbage wedges.
7. Carve the brisket diagonally
across the grain into thin slices and serve with cabbage.