ENGLAND STYLE BEEF STEW
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours and
Ready in: 2 Hours and
Makes 6 servings
4 pounds of extra lean
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
6 cups water
6 small potatoes
2 yellow onions
6 medium-size carrots
1. Scrub the potato.
(peel is optional). Set aside.
2. Peel and quarter the onions. Set aside.
3. Par and quarter the carrots. Set aside.
4. Place the extra lean stew beef in large pot or Dutch oven;
then add the salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaf
5. Cover the pot/Dutch oven and heat on stove top on medium-high
to high until boiling; reduce heat and simmer 1 hours and 30
6. Remove meat from broth with a slotted spoon (set aside); then
skim any fat from the top of the broth.
7. Return the meat to the pot/Dutch oven and place the potatoes,
onions and carrots around meat; simmer 1 hour longer or until
meat is fork tender.