COOK BEEF CHUCK POT ROAST
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: about 8 Hours
and 30 Minutes
Ready in: about 8 Hours
and 40 Minutes
Makes about 7 servings
3 1/3 lb. boneless beef
chuck pot roast
1 envelope (0.7 ounces) dry Italian dressing mix
2 large onions, each cut into eight wedges
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1½-inch pieces
1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
1 summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Press dressing mix
evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Set aside.
2. Place onions and garlic in 5½ -quart slow cooker, then
put the pot roast on top.
3. Add bell peppers, thyme, oregano, rosemary and beef broth.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
After 8 hours:
4. Add the summer squash and zucchini. Continue cooking, covered,
for 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
5. Remove the pot roast and vegetables
and place on carving platter.
6. Strain the cooking liquid; skim fat.; then combine 2 cups
of the cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute
or until thickened.
7. Carve the pot roast into slices;
place on plates.
8. Serve with the vegetables and the gravy; season with salt
and pepper, as desired.