Glazed Roasted Turkey
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: about 4 Hours
Ready In: about 5 Hours
Makes about 15 to 17 Servings
1 15 lb, turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
salt as needed
fresh ground peeper as needed
1 recipe your favorite stuffing
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 tablespoon thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey;
discard or refrigerate for another use.
3. Rinse the turkey with cold running water; drain and pat dry
with paper towels.
4. Season the inside of the turkey with salt and pepper.
5. Stuff loosely the turkey with your favorite stuffing (with
about ¾ cup of stuffing per pound of turkey) and close
the opening with metal skewers.
6. Tie drumsticks together and twist wing tips behind back.
7. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a V-shaped rack (sprayed
with non-stick cooking spray) in shallow roasting pan (no more
than 2-1/2 inches). Insert an oven-safe thermometer into the
thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the
8. Mix the honey, molasses, soy sauce, rosemary and thyme in
a small bowl. With a pastry brush, paint turkey with the mixture,
lifting it up to reach the underside. This method makes the bird
dark, very quickly, so loosely tent the turkey with aluminum
9. Roast the turkey in a pre-heated 325 degree F. oven for about
4 to 4-1/4 hours until a thermometer inserted into the thickest
part of the thigh registers 180 degrees F and juices run clear;
basting occasionally with accumulated pan juices.
10. Remove the foil.
11. Remove the turkey from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes