Top Round Steak
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: about 2 Hours
Ready in: 2 Hours and
Makes 4 servings
2 pounds top round steak
1 tablespoon oil
2 medium onions
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium yellow bell pepper
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon ground basil
1 can beef broth
1 cup water
1. Pre-heat the oven
to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the onions in half, then slice them 1/4 inch thick. Set
3. De-seed the bell peppers, then slice into 1/4 inch strips.
3. On the stove-top, and in a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil
over medium-high heat; then sauté the onions and bell
pepper until onion is translucent. Remove and set aside.
4. In the Dutch oven, sauté the top round steak until
browned, then add the stewed tomatoes, beef broth, rosemary,
basil, water, onions and bell peppers.
5. Cover (tightly) the Dutch oven and place the into the pre-heated
oven and cook for about 2 hours.
6. Remove from oven, slice meat and serve with cooked rice or
over cooked egg noodles.