EYE OF THE ROUND ROAST
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours and
Ready In: about 2 hours
and 30 Minutes WITH standing time
Makes 5 to 6 servings
3 lb Eye of the Round
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Pre-heat the oven
2. Place the boneless prime rib roast, fat side up, on rack in
roasting pan without lid.
3. In a small bowl, mix the powdered mushroom soup, rosemary,
thyme and basil. Set aside.
4. Rub the mushroom soup mixture over the surface of roast.
5. Insert a meat thermometer into center of the roast, avoiding
6. Place the roast (in the roasting pan) into the oven and roast
per the chart below:
RARE = 140ºF = 20 min per lb.
MEDIUM = 160ºF = 25 min per lb.
WELL = 170ºF = 30 min per lb.
6. Remove the roast from oven 5°F below desired doneness
7. Tent the roast with foil and let stand for about 10-15 minutes
on a cutting board before carving.
8. Meanwhile, the slice mushrooms 1/4 inch thick; cut each slice
in half lengthwise.
9. on the stove top, heat roasting pan over medium-high heat
for 1 minute. Pour in beef stock, stirring to scrape up any brown
bits. Add mushrooms and simmer 10 minutes.
10. Mix the flour with vinegar and whisk into pan. Bring to a
boil, whisking constantly until thickened. Season with salt and
pepper to taste.